Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I loved Ronald Reagan

I loved Ronald Reagan. Truly loved the man. My soul thrilled every time he spoke. His speeches were like scripture for me.

I have vivid recollections of the morning President Ronald Reagan was shot. I was home with three little boys and we immediately knelt in a circle and prayed for his life to be spared. I had tears in my eyes throughout the day until it was clear that he would survive the bullet to his left lung.

Below are some of my favorite Ronald Reagan quotes.

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of FREE men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries do not have."

"All great change in America begins at the family dinner table."

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them."

"Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it."

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, we will become one nation gone under."

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

"Mr. Gorbachev . . . Tear Down This Wall!"

I loved Ronald Reagain. Truly loved the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment